Fresh Burgundy Black Truffle (Tuber Uncinatum) 2 oz
- Burgundy Truffles (French: truffe de Bourgogne; Italian: tartufo nero di Fragno or scorzone, "bark"; Spanish: trufa de verano; Swedish: svart sommartryffel), have an intense, hazelnut-like aroma and are highly prized for their gastronomic qualities. They are used in the haute cuisine of France and Italy, as well as a substitute for the Périgord black truffle (T. melanosporum).
- With bodies (ascocarps) from 2 centimetres (1 in) to 10 centimetres (4 in) in diameter, burgundy truffles are relatively large. Their brown or black outer skin (peridium) forms pyramidal warts about 3 to 9 mm wide, resembling rough bark.
- Burgundy truffles are harvested from September to late December, sometimes also until late January.
- Burgundy truffles are found across Europe, from Spain to eastern Europe.
The flavor, size and color of summer truffles (Italian: tartufo estivo) is similar to that of burgundy truffles, but their aroma is less intense and the flesh (gleba) is a paler hazel color.
Product life: 1 to 2 weeks, kept into a refrigerator at 37.5 F (3 C ), wrapped in paper towel.
We recommend consuming the truffles as soon as possible.
* Please note that fresh truffle purchases are final and non-refundable. Fresh truffles do not qualify for promotional free shipping.
** Must Be Shipped FedEx 2 Days